11 November 2016

Peppermint Hot Chocolate


Who doesn't like Peppermint Hot Chocolate on Christmas morning? It's the Warm Wishes of the Holidays in a cup of wonderful.

Challenges

52 Christmas Card Throwdown: Sketch
Addicted to Stamps and More: CAS
Creative Craft Cottage: Christmas
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge: Kraft paper
Fab 'n' Funky: Get Krafty
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Pearly Sparkles: Anything Goes
Crafting in a hotel room with limited supplies brought in luggage + a few bought here

Supplies


Putting It Together

I'm on vacation visiting family and making cards, in the hotel room, when we're not visiting. I only have the supplies I brought with me plus a few things I bought at Joanns after we arrived in our last familial destination.


I decided to make a card with the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Sketch for this week (just hours before the challenge was to close, of course *laugh*).


I cut a 2 inch strip of kraft cardstock and stamped three images of the cup with whipped cream.


I coloured the whipped cream with white and red watercolour pencil without using water to spread the colour, just the pencil directly.


I thought the cups were a bit plain so I stamped a silver snowflake on each. 


I trimmed each cup to its own panel and dry fit them with the patterned paper and sentiment.


I used the Misti to stamp the sentiment first in black and then in gold. The gold is slightly translucent. Stamping it with black first makes it more legible. 

I ran the edge of the patterned paper over the gold ink pad to add a very thin gold trim. This subtle touch finishes the card nicely.


I attached the patterned paper directly to the card base but wanted to pop up the cup panels. Since they're so small, I cut each strip of foam mounting tape into 3 strips. This also extends my supply of the tape.


I lined up the cups to affix them to the card.


For the inside the card, I cut a 1 inch strip of the pattered paper and edged it with the gold to echo the front of the card. I also stamped a warming sentiment and added a candy cane. 


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE !!! What was the paper you used to stamp your mugs on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your take on the sketch. It has a warm, folksy feel. The plaid is super and I just love the little cups of hot chocolate. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous krafty card - I love those little cups of hot chocolate. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card and design, the Kraft card looks great and love the backing paper. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again. Jennifer DT member X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of kraft card on this great card. Thanks for for joining us this week at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore how you colored the whipped cream on your hot cocoas!!! Perfectly pepperminty - now I want one of my own :o) Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb make :) Thank you so much for joining us at Pearly Sparkles. We are holding a DT call out if you would be interested in applying. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.