26 February 2017

Magic Bookmark


A magical owl is flying by in Hufflepuff colours! The perfect bookmark for an adventure. Can you guess what House I've been sorted into? *laugh*

Supplies


Putting It Together

I thought about two challenges and decided to combine transportation with magic.  Magic transportation? why a broom, of course. A-ha! Thinks I, I have an owl on a broom. Oh.. and I could do it in Hufflepuff colours! How about a bookmark. Yeah, that's the ticket.


I stamped the image with Desert Sand to do a "no lines" painting/colouring. I had recently gotten a pack of bookmark blanks in bright colours. The yellow one would be perfect, thinks I.


I coloured the owl with Distress Ink and a couple small touches of Perfect Pearls. 


I found an oval in my stash to fit the image and an oval in the embossing frames. The frame will create a less embossed area on the bookmark.


I die cut the image and found a sentiment to add to the card. I dry fit them together.


I decided I wanted to have a less embossed area for the sentiment, too, so I planned using two embossing frames.


I used washi tape to hold the frames in place on the embossing folder to run it through the Big Shot.


I ran the bookmark blank through with the embossing folder for a fun texture.


I dry fit again and decided it needed more.


I die cut a beaded oval from black value cardstock. The beaded oval is smaller and a slightly different shape than the oval for the image. Since I was going to be trimming the sides, I cut the oval in half lengthwise. I used the halves to arc over and under the image.


I stamped the sentiment on a bit of scrap of the same paper for the image. I trimmed the corners with a punch. I dry fit one final time.


I attached the image and sentiment with tap runner and the beaded oval with Multi-Medium Matte. I trimmed the sides of the oval. I added Lemon Twist Enamel Accents to the bead oval and used Black Soot on the bookmark edges. To finish, I added a black ribbon with silver foil scroll.



Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge: Magic!
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Transport It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.