01 June 2017

Becca - Sheepski Designs challenge blog June inspiration


The start of another month is upon us (so soon?!?) and this brings a new Sheepski Design blog challenge. This month the challenge is Girlz Rule! We want to see your celebration of women.

Supplies



Putting It Together

I like the challenge of making single layer cards and will often do so even when I don't have a specific challenge calling for it. Single layer cards with digital stamps do require a bit more planning, but are easily done as well as a multi layer. CAS (clean and simple) on the other hand, fits better with my personal style than the multi-layer cards with an abundance of embellishments.



When printing digital stamps, I usually fill up the page and print several at a time so I don't have a lot of wasted space. I use Photoshop to place images on to a blank 'sheet' and then print that sheet. Since I had decided I wanted to make Becca as a single layer card.\, I needed to print her with empty space for the back part of the card. I decided to make a bunny card as single layer as well and printed them together.


I cut Becca as 4 1/4" x 11", then scored the card at 5 1/2" to make an A2 card.


I painted Becca with Distress ink and waterbrush, keeping track of the colours I used on a scrap of paper.


I added a sentiment to the card, using my Misti to stamp with a traditional stamp for a simple, lovely, single layer card. This is one of my favourite sentiment stamps and comes from a graduation set.


I used a traditional stamp on the inside, too, to add a small detail to the white space there.




Challenges

Addicted to Stamps and More: CAS
The Paper Shelter: Make It Digital
The Sketchy challenge: Summer
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,love how you left the umbrella uncolored,gives more white space,awesome coloring...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
    Ċ½eljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I like the simplicity. Your sentiment is beautiful. Good luck in The Paper Shelter challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job of coloring this lovely image. The sentiment is perfect! Thanks for sharing your talent at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the sentiment and beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining in the Crafting From the Heart challenge this week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful image and wonderful colouring. Great work. Thanks so much for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply elegant and dramatic. Thanks for sharing with us at Through the Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Rijacki. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great image and I love the sentiment you chose to go with it.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation, thanks so much for the tutorial of how you put it all together. Thanks so much for playing along in our Digital challenge at The Paper Shelter Challenge this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your coloring of the image - thanks for joining our CAS Challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.