13 June 2017

Big Wheel Birthday


Rollin' along with a happy birthday for an awesome dude!

This card features a stamp from CC Designs on a sunshiny day with a Stampin' Up stamp, Impression Obsession sentiment, Sizzix embossing folder, and Elizabeth Craft Designs stencil.


Supplies



Putting It All Together

I've had this card in my head all day.. 


I stamped the image in light tan to do a "no lines" colouring.


I used Distress ink and waterbrush to paint/colour the image. I used Glossy accents on the plastic areas of the trike and Wink of Stella on the flag.


I used the matching die to cut the image out.


I decided to use a challenge sketch as the layout for this card.


I cut grey and white panels and then cut them on a diagonal together to have a two colour panel. I decided to use a black and white paper ribbon on the divide.


I used an embossing folder on the grey cardstock to give it some texture.


On the white part of the panel, I stamped the sun with Duckling yellow and Coral Reef orange. I then stamped it with VersaMark and embossed it with clear to both have a bit of gloss for the sun and as a resist for the sky colours.


Using the blending tool with Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and a stencil, I added in sky and clouds.


The sky panel with soft clouds.


To make it easier to assemble, I backed the panels with printer paper, lining up the diagonal.


I did one last dry fit with a vertical sentiment.


I stamped and embossed the vertical sentiment on acetate and trimmed it to a narrow strip. This allows the sentiment to float over the scene. Used repositional adhesive with the ribbon and acetate strip to afix their ends to the back of the scene panel before attaching the whole panel to the card base. I popped up the big wheeler with foam mounting tape.


Inside, I stamped one of the sentiments from the Big Wheels set, omitting the "happy birthday". I added flags from a Stampin' Up set.




Challenges

Your Next Stamp: Sketch #66
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Make it Masculine
Scribbles Designs: Big Wheels Keep On Turning
Crafty Cardmakers: For a Special Boy
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Touchy Feely
Tuesday Throwdown: For the Men
Pearly Sparkles: Masculine
Love to Scrap: Boyz Rule
Just For Fun Rubber Stamps: For the Guys
Crafter's Cafe: Travel/Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rijacki, the image is adorable and I love the embossed design and stamping on acetate, very cute :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello… Thanks for sharing your card with us… your card is lovely and fits perfectly with our “Big Wheels keep on Turning” challenge theme… please join us next time and Good Luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, DT Member, Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Love the coloring and all the coordination that went into making it. It's a beauty! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute. Fabulous card and great to see you went with our option for Travel. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Anything Goes optional twist Transport" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Rijacki. I love how you used the YNS Sketch. So happy you played with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun and lovely creation! The image is so cute. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a funny image and sweet birthday card.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge Anything Goes.
    Hugs, Tina – DT
    PolkadoodlesChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, that's so sweet!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so cute! I love the happy boy image. Your no line coloring is great! Thanks for joining the Just For Fun challenge. We hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too stinking cute! Great design! Loving your entries at JFF Rubber Stamps! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute image. Great coloring and adorable card. Thank you for sharing your project in the Just For Fun June Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Just for Fun Rubber stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so CUTE!! Love your coloring! Great make for the LTSCB
    Irena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.