17 June 2017

Creative


As the old saying goes, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away", but more powerful 'mood medicine' is getting creative and messy.

This card features Stampin' Up products: Crafting Forever stamp set, Fresh Fig, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, and Basic Black.


Supplies



Putting It Together

Once a month, on a Thursday night, I go to Stamp 'n' Chat, a small gather hosted by Liane, my Stampin' Up demonstrator. This month we spent some time 'playing' with new products that Liane had from the catalogue that released at the beginning of the month. Liane is also starting up a monthly challenge for her Facebook page, Stamp Chatter, using current In Colours and other current colours. The June challenge is Fresh Fig, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, and Basic Black.


At Stamp 'n' Chat, I used Liane's Crafting Forever stamp set. I had put it on my wish list when thumbing through the catalogue, but now it's even higher on my list. I stamped the brushes, scissors and sentiment with Basic Black on retired cardstock I brought with me, Natural White. I then used a waterbrush that I brought with me and Liane's ink pads of Fresh Fig, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, and Basic Gray to lightly colour the stamped images. I touched the tip of the brush to the edge of the juicy pad to pick up a small amount of pigment.


I had set up the composition with a rectangle die in mind. At home I framed the images with a stitched rectangle from Elizabeth Craft Designs to dry fit the design.


I ran the image with the die through the big shot.


I dry fit a Fresh Fig mat.


Until my order arrives, I only have a small amount of the Fresh Fig (Liane made small packs with 1 sheet each that we could buy at Stamp 'n' Chat), so I decided to cut the middle out of the mat since it wouldn't be seen. This also reveals my notes on the colours of ink I used on the images.


My notes..


I decided I wanted to have a double mat so I tried the the other three challenge colours. Each enhanced a different aspect and gave the image a different feel. I waffled between Sahara Sand and Soft Sky, Basic Black was just a bit too dark with the dark Fresh Fig.


After adhering the image panel to both mats, I decided the brushes looked not quite enough. So I used Smoky Slate. With the waterbrush, I picked up a small amount of pigment from the ink pad...


...and brushed the ink on the brushes and the hinge pin of the scissors.


The double matted image panel


I adhered the panel to a card base made from Natural White.


Inside I stamped one of the sentiments from the Nailed It set from last years Celebrations. If I owned the Crafting Forever set, I might have used one of the other sentiments from the set, but this one fits well, too.




Challenges

Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
Vilda Stamps: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Love the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Rijacki, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and we hope to see you again next time. Wendy DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so Adorable! I Love the sentiment too! Thank you so much for joining our challenge over on the Vilda Stamps Challenge Blog! DT Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sentiment goes so well with the tools!
    Thanks for joining us at Vilda Stamps!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More.
    Shylaa DT@ATSM
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our VILDA STAMPS challenge blog
    so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.