03 June 2017

Daddy Time


Daddy playing with his pajama wearing toddler before bedtime. Giddy Up, Daddy, the giggler is riding the trusty steed.

This card features a stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, die cuts from Gina Designs, Elizabeth Craft Designs, and Scrapbooking Made Simple.



Supplies



Putting It Together

Father's Day is coming up and I wanted to make a fun card for the occasion.


Young At Heart is a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps set that rubber and retired. I got my set several months ago on a Frugal Friday sale but hadn't used it until now.


I trimmed the stamp out of the sheet.


And used repositional adhesive to use it with the Misti.


I stamped the image in light brown on watercolour card stock to paint/colour with Distress ink and water brush.


I decided to use some paper piecing for the child getting the ride so stamped on a scrap of patterned paper.


I used light blue to stamp on the light blue patterned paper.


I added shading to the piece cut.


I also decided to paper piece the dad's shirt and stamped it with light green and add shading.


I painted the rest of the stamped image with Distress ink and waterbrush.


I fussy cut the image.


I used dies to work out the layout. I wanted to use the moon and stars to echo the child's pajamas.


I decided to use the same paper as the pajamas as the lowest level of the background. I found other papers to go with it and highlight the image. The moon and stars are die cut from white glittered card stock with the stars coloured with Distress ink Mustard Seed.


Before assembling the front of the card, I stamped the inside and matted the panel. 


I popped up the oval, rectangle behind it, and the moon and stars with foam mounting tape.




Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Die'in for Die Cuts
Dies R Us: Masculine
Pearly Sparkles: Masculine
Love to Scrap: Boyz Rule
Just For Fun Rubber Stamps: For the Guys
The Crafty Addicts: Die Cuts
Tuesday Throwdown: Stitching
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. I just love everything about this card!! The paper piecing is perfect!! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how cute! What a fabulous design and your paper piecing is awesome! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Masculine’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I love all the paper piecing! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just for Fun Rubber Stamps June challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute card, fun image! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute! I love the paper piecing. Great job! Thanks for joining the Just For Fun challenge. We hope to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful make.. wow. Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE this card! What a terrific design you created! The paper piecing and shading have just sent this over the top. Well done! I'm so glad you shared your artwork with us at JFF Rubber Stamps! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely father's card, cute image! Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT
    http://anncard.blogspot.tw

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable card. Love this sweet image. Thank you for sharing your project in the Just For Fun June Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.