06 June 2017

Party On!


Ever had so much birthday cake you feel like you could just collapse on that soft fluffy birthday cake? This birthday mouse has. Party On!

This card features a long retired stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, a sentiment from a newer Kraftin' Kimmie set, a ribbon framed shaker, and a background stamp from My Favourite things embossed with plum pearl on a black background.


Supplies



Putting It Together

I got this stamp several months ago in a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp grab bag. At first I had a hard time puzzling out what the image was of looking at just the rubber stamp. When I did a test stamping on scrap, it revealed its silly self. Goofy little mouse.


On Sunday I went to a 'garage sale' hosted by one of the local scrapbooking stores. There, I bought an embossing powder that looks nearly white in the bottle but is labeled Plum Pearls. Since I am familiar with Pearl Ex's interference colours, I suspected this was similar and snapped it up. I was not disappointed. Embossed on white, it is a barely perceptible purple when it picks up the light, but on black it is an amazing pearly vibrant purple. This was my test sample but it looked so great I just had to use it.


I stamped the birthday mouse on light weight watercolour cardstock with a light tan ink.


I painted/coloured the image with Distress ink and waterbrush.


I trimmed the image and matted it with dark purple. At this point I had been planning to put the mouse on to a 'birthday' patterned paper with balloons or hats or something, but I rarely colour my images to match a paper and.. the colours weren't gelling. Those papers, too, were too busy for this image. 


And then my test embossing from Sunday started whispering to me. I put the mouse on it and.. Shazzam!.. it gelled. I wanted to make a shaker so I had cut a rectangle frame from fun foam. With this background and that image, I decided to cover my frame with a ribbon I bought a few weeks ago 'cause I thought it was pretty. It matched so well for this.


I had decided I wanted to use the sketch from the My Favorite Things current challenge. 


I put the ribbon on the frame (also covering where the acetate, recycled from packaging, is attached) and stamped the sentiment. 


I put some brightly coloured confetti glitter into the shaker and used scrap foam from the middle of the frame to adhere the mouse image at the same level as the frame. I used foam mounting tape for the sentiment banner.


Inside I used a long past Paper Pumpkin sentiment set to add a sentiment and little hat to the inside of the card.




Challenges

Seize the Birthday: Something Sweet
My Favorite Things: Sketch challenge
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Shaker
Creative Moments: Birthday

2 comments:

  1. Awww! your card is adorable and you really colored your image flawlessly! : )

    Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful shaker card. I love your coloring. Thank you so much for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.