02 June 2017

Pool Time


What would be a summer vacation destination for flamingos on a budget? A kiddie pool in a backyard! Just pretend it's Hawaii.

This card features a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps set, a drawing by me, and colouring with Distress ink and waterbrush. I think I need to find a stamp of a kiddie pool for the future *laugh*


Supplies



Putting It Together

I've had this idea in my head for a while but no kiddie pool stamp or digi. So, I decided to draw one. I've never much liked my own drawing which is why I like using stamps and digis so I can start with someone else's drawing. 


I drew my pool on watercolour cardstock and dry fit the flamingos to see if the idea was plausible.


I painted the pool and later fussy cut it.


I stamped the flamingos in pink since I would be doing a lot of pink on them.


And, painted/coloured them with Distress ink and waterbrush. I also fussy cut them.


Because their legs are so spindly, I adhered the flamingos to the pool to have just one piece to move around. I dry fit them on a card base with a sentiment.


I stamped the sentiment with a black chalk ink for a softer look and adhered the pool with the flamingos flat to the card. And,  it was just a couple minutes past 11pm, the time I try to keep as a bedtime, woo hoo! And... I thought I was done, but it didn't look right. It was missing something.


I got out the waterbrush and a couple more colours of green and added backyard grass. Ahh.. much better.


For the inside, I stamped another sentiment from the set and some of the accessories.




Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps: Pink, Green, and Orange
The Sketchy Challenge: Summer
Crazy 4 Challenges: Summer Destination
Try It On Tuesday: Feathered Friends
Emerald Creek: Surf and Turf
More Mixed Media challenge: Pink
Addicted to Stamps: CAS
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Thanks bunches for sharing your beautiful card with us over at TioT this time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!
    Thanks for joining us at the Sketchy challenges!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha! This was an awesome post and you were so fast entering the Dares. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic scene you created and you color it perfectly...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
    Ċ½eljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun card and the sentiment is so cute. Great scene and very cool how you put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your no-line coloring of the sweet flamingo couple - thanks for joining our CAS Challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Rijacki! The flamingos are so cute and your no line colouring looks fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.