18 June 2017

Purr-fect Day


A fairy having a purr-fect day with her kitty.

Supplies



Putting It Together

I started this project with a desire to colour the Moonflower freebie image for the Kit and Clowder group colouring challenge, but it transformed as I worked on it.


I painted/coloured the image with Distress ink, Perfect Pearls, and watercolour brushes. I'm not sure why I saw her as wearing long gloves, but.. that's where the muse led me. Sadly, I lightened the image a bit too much before printing and lost a few details.


I used one of the oval dies of the Simply Defined line. While colouring, I was thinking about a layout with roses and ribbon, letting them dictate my palette.


I had also been thinking about lace, but don't have really any lace 'ribbon'. I do, however, have a couple small bits of lace yardage, originally bought for non-paper projects as the smallest amount of yardage I could buy. I got the idea of doing a lace inset with a larger oval and dry fit an oval die to visualize.


I used that larger oval to die cut a Core'dinations panel. I love the texture of the cardstock, like woven cloth.


To assemble the lace inset, I used a scrap of white, slightly smaller than A2 (4.25" x 5.5"). I adhered the oval to centre then covered it with the lace. I trimmed the lace into a rough oval larger than the backing oval.


I added foam mounting tape to the back of the frame, and...


...placed it over the centre oval. The foam tape of the frame also holds the lace in place. I trimmed off and lace extended out from the edges of the frame.


I did a dry layout .


Knowing the card front is going to be full, I stamped the inside while the card front was blank. I used a sentiment and yarn stamp from a Kraftin' Kimmie set and paw prints from a Craftin' Desert Divas set. I stamped in lavender to match with the rest of the card.


I added a touch of Wink of Stella to the edge of the frame.


I adhered the roses and bow with Glue Dots. I prefer them for dimensional embellishments. I thought I was done, but.. umm.. thought about it some more and added...


I added gems and pearls to the card and the image. 



Challenges

Kit and Clowder Group Colouring challenge: Moonflower image
Crafty Gals Corner: Vintage
The Paper Shelter: Tie a Bow
More Mixed Media challenge: Purple
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. A lovely card in lovely colours. Love the lace on/in the card. Looks smashing. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty creation, I love the purple and that aperture with the lace is so cool. Thanks so much for playing at The Paper Shelter Tie a Bow challenge this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rijacki Ledum!
    Lovely card! Thank you very much for joining our fun tie a bow challenge over at The Paper Shelter.

    Hugs, Natasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.