20 June 2017

Wonder


A little girl cosplaying her favourite superhero decorates a treat bag for summer goodies. Isn't it a Wonder she's so cute? Cosplay is such a fun thing to do for the summer!

This wonderful treatbag features Craftin' Desert Divas die set and stamp set which was coloured/painted with Distress inks and Gelly Roll.


Supplies



Putting It Together

I love comic book superheros. I am thrilled with the newest of the movies in the genre that's all about a Woman who is a Wonder. I also am a great fan of cosplay and have done some myself (not of any superhero, though). So, how could I not fall in love with this cute little girl?


I stamped the cutie on light weight water colour card stock with pink to do a 'no lines' colouring.


I first coloured/painted her skin and hair and was considering making her costume in light greens and pinks but then decided to go with the light blue and pink. Even though blond is not the hair colour of the superhero she's cosplaying, I love her blond locks. Not everyone wears a wig while cosplaying and she's just a little girl, too. I did most of the colouring with Distress ink using a waterbrush. I used gel pen for the gold accents, silver stars on her pants, and her eyes.


Using one of the dies included in the treat bag die set, I trimmed the image. I love this little panel. The scalloped edge and the stitching are adorable.


I die cut 2 of the treat bag panels out of this fun Me & My Big Ideas paper. The treat bag die also puts in crease lines for the folds. The special thing about this treat bag die is the scallop edges and stitch details.


Before assembling the bag, I adhered the image panel to the front. I waffled over adding a sentiment and finally weighed in against it.


And then I assembled the bag. I'll link the Craftin' Desert Diva's video on the bag at the end of this post.


Once I had the bag assembled, I felt like it needed something a bit more, so I die cut two star tags (itty bitty tags!) from the set and adhered them to the top of the bag lining up the holes to use for adding some twine.

The stitch detail on all the pieces in the die set are just precious. I love that it's a dash-dot-dash stitch, too. When I saw the die, I couldn't resist it.





Challenges

Craftin' Desert Divas Gallery Facebook group: June Mood Board (see below)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge: Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers: Summer
The Crafty Addicts: Summer Colours
Happy Little Stampers with Dies: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes



4 comments:

  1. This is a very sweet focal point, she is so cute!

    Thank you for joining Crafty Cardmakers 'Here Comes Summer' Challenge

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such a cute image and what a great little treat bag, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little treat bag and cute image---Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful !
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty addicts!
    Hope to see you again.

    hugs , Fiki
    My little store: Crafty Kitty Cat Shop
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.