13 November 2017

Love One Another Calendar Tag - Distress Oxide and embossing resist.


My project today is a calendar added to a tag to hang in a small space with a friendly sentiment and 1960s feel. This project features a Unity stamp, emboss resist, and Distress Oxides.



Putting It Together

A small hanging calendar is perfect for a confined space like a locker, a cubical at work, or even that small spot above the light switch near the front door.


When embossing, I use a coffee filter to contain the excess powder.


I vigorously tap the back of the embossing to knock off any loose powder.


The coffee filter makes it easy to pour the excess back into the bottle.


Heat setting the embossing.


I dry fit the tag with the calendar.


I dabbed on Distress Oxides,


and heat set them. I continued adding dabs and blends, heat setting between layers, until I built up the colour blending I wanted.


I sprinkled the tag lightly with water then misted it with Turquoise Perfect Pearls in water.


Using a waterbrush, I added Candied Apple Distress Oxides to the hearts in the hands.


I wiped the embossing with a dry cloth to remove any ink and shine up the metallic.


I used adhesive tape to add the calendar. To position it, I used snips of the release paper turned perpendicular to the adhesive tape. When I had it where I wanted, I simply pulled the release paper snips out and firmly adhered the tear off calendar.


All put together.



Supplies


Challenges

Unity {show and tell}: Not a Card
Incy Wincy: Not a Card
Art Impressions: Tag It
Your Next Stamp: #77 Colours
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Love to Scrap: Anything Goes



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 354 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and we hope to see you again next time. Wendy DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely amazing tag! Love all the coloring. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! This little tag/calendar will be perfect to hang in a small space. And the sentiment is a good reminder to us all. Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.