07 November 2017

Ten Gallon Ted - Through the Craftroom Door, Lacy Sunshine, watercolour pencil


Hey there, Buckaroo!

The adorable Ten Gallon Ted Cactus, by Lacy Sunshine, is the focus of my inspiration card for this week's Through the Craftroom Door's "Anything Goes" challenge. Lacy Sunshine is our wonderful sponsor this week.


Heather valentin is a lady who breathed art her entire life. She was drawing as soon as she could hold a crayons . Guided by her farther. She found her truest joy in drawing and painting, in a BA in arts. Heather made her way in th world by creating original drawings and installations for various global companies / corporations for advertisement and display purposes .
Heather's true love has always been creating her original copyrighted characters and sharing them with her appreciative public. Her beloved characters are recognizable worldwide her signature eyes, and drawing style mostly featuring mismatched clothing and characters from days gone by. Making people smile with her art is heather's greatest joy.

The Through the Craftroom Door challenge is from 7 Nov to 13 Nov and the prize is 3 digital images from Lacy Sunshine.



Putting It Together

I printed the image on to lightweight watercolour cardstock and tucked him into a bag to take to my day job with me.


I used watercolour pencils and waterbrush to colour him up at lunch and breaks. Such a cutie.


At home, I fussy cut him with a narrow margin.


I decided to cut out the inner areas as well and used a craft knife to do so.


I think this digi is just so adorable!


I really wanted to use the horses from the Graphic 45 "Off to the Races", so I designed my background to include it. I dry fit the elements together. I added a sentiment from a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps retired set.


I adhered the background to the card base and added a strip of scrap from a BoBunny pad that fit the theme.


I generously added foam mounting tape to the back of Ted.


And added him to the card.


Inside I used some scrap from the "Off to the Races" pad and a sentiment from an Elizabeth Craft Designs set.




Supplies

Check out the blog post for this weeks's challenge at Through the Craftroom Door, the details are there.

Challenges

The Ribbon Girl: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes
Crafty Ga;s Corner: Harvest Colours



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.