29 June 2016

Celebrate Canada


Friday is Canada Day! I thought this would be good way to finish off the month as a guest designer for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps since KKS is made in Canada and Canada is where I live. Melanie is joyful on the Canadian Maple Leaf.

Supplies

Putting It Together

It all starts with a die. A couple months ago I spotted the Maple Leaf die in the clearance section of scrapbooking.com. Since there aren't a lot of Canadian related stamps or dies. I picked it up with a big smile. 


I cut the leaf from red cardstock. I decided I wanted to have a round card, so I found the circle die that fit around the leaf. I cut one circle..


.. and another with a fold which I glued to the full circle to be the back of the card.


I stamped Melanie on watercolour paper with Memento ink and painted her with Distress Ink and a waterbrush. Since I wanted to have the card be Canada in general, I only painted Melanie and not her Toronto background. I added a touch of Wink of Stella on her purse.


Watercolouring with Distress Ink: smush the ink pad on the plastic (or silicone) work surface and then use the waterbrush to add water or pick up the colour. It cleans up with a wet wipe.


I cut Celebrate from copper Glitterstock. I cut an additional two from white cardstock so I could join them together.


I used the Xyron to add adhesive to all three then stacked them together leaving the stack on the release paper. This gives the word a bit of dimension and stability.


I fussy cut Melanie. I used foam mounting tape on Melanie to give her dimension and curved Celebrate along the bottom of the card.


Happy Canada Day to all!

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps blog 29 June Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp blog 29 June Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. So fun !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.