08 September 2016

Happy Fall


I love Autumn for two reasons: It's vegetable harvest season! I love my vegies. And, the coming of Autumn means that Winter is on the way. Winter is my favourite season. My bookmark is a little girl with vegetables harvested from her own garden.

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes (GDT for September)
Fab 'n' Funky: Fall Colours
Creative Craft College: Spots and Stripes
Craft Gals Corner: Let's Hear It For The Girls
Try It On Tuesday: Children
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Stamp It
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Stamp It
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Scrappy challenge: Anything but a card
Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
Crating From the Heart: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes

Supplies


Putting It Together

I decided I wanted to try a more durable bookmark material so I used Sizzix leather paper for this bookmark. The leather paper is a faux leather made from latex saturated paper.


The first thing I did was set up the stamps in the Misti, a stamp positioning tool that's simply amazing. I then stamped a image of the girl on some scrap typing paper.


I stamped the image on to the leather paper. Since the leather paper is textured, I could see spots which weren't stamped.


The beauty of the Misti, Since my stamps were still mounted on the door and the leather paper was held in the same spot, I could just ink up the stamp and re-stamp right over the first impression easily.


After fussy cutting out the image, I used removable adhesive on the typing paper to create a mask. This allows me to make a background while keeping the image clean.


With the mask covering the girl, Added strips to cover all but the outside edges. Then I ran the Versamark directly on the bookmark.


I added Antique Gold embossing powder and heat sealed it.


Using Distress Inks and the blending tool, I added Autumn colours to the background.


Taking off the mask reveals the girl and her box of veg still clean.


I dripped water over the background and then added on a bit more yellow and lighter orange.


I painted the girl with a waterbrush and Distress Inks before stamping the sentiment, still set up in the Misti, with Memento Rhubarb Stalk. I rounded the corners with a flourish using the Fiskars 3-in-1 punch. A bit of orange and yellow ribbon finished off the bookmark with a flair.


13 comments:

  1. I love the process you used! I may have to try that! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! Great tutorial!
    Thanks for joining our ATG challenge at Through the craft room door.
    Hope to see you back next week!

    Aly DT member TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete


  4. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.

    Happy crafting!

    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete


  5. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.

    Happy crafting!

    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great book mark! I love your clever background and your cute little character too.

    Thanks for sharing at Fab n Funky.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bookmark, Thank you for joining us at Crafting From the Heart.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable bookmark. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME to see your creative process! This book mark is absolutely darling! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Stamp It” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful work! love to see your techniques! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon SAys Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super techniques, this is a fantastic tag. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful bookmark! Thanks for sharing it with us at TIOT this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag is so cute! Love the adorable image and beautiful colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.