29 September 2016

Warm Memories


It's nice sometimes to make something simple with a focus solely on the sentiment. Not too shabby. :)

Challenges

Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: Shabby Chic
The Crafter's Cafe: Use Buttons
Crazy Hazlenut's Christmas challenge: Use a Sentiment
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Powder Power
Addicted to Stamps and More: Holiday
Creative Moments: 2 Pattern Papers
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes
Crazy Hazlenut's Christmas challenge extra: Anything Goes 
Creative with Stamps: Photo Inspiration
A Bit More Time to Craft: Anything Goes

Supplies


Putting It Together

No series of pictures this time, just a bit of narrative.

I decided to use the palette from the photo (they were quite a bit more purpley on the screen of my workshop laptop).

I stamp and embossed the sentiment on to a small piece of Stampin' Up Eggplant Envy (retired colour but still pretty) and then die cut it with the lacy oval. I then dabbed it with Distress Ink to take away the pristine-ness.

I glued the glittered burlap to a piece of card stock scrap to make die cutting of that layer easier. I wanted to use the burlap for 3 reasons: great colour for this card, interesting texture, and just barely a hint of glitter. I also dabbed this lacy oval with Distress Ink.

I cut the two patterned papers and then carefully ripped their edges. I used Distress ink on the edges of both panels.

I tied a bow of the grey with snow flakes ribbon and added a ribbon around the card, too. 

I finished everything off with a snowflake button.


The card went together pretty quickly, as soon as I had an idea in my head. I wanted something simple but still with a touch of elegance.





10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card Rijacki. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CCAYR, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layering of your card wooww
    great design and love the colors
    beautifully made
    many thanks for joining with us at Creative with Stamps September challenge
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - thanks for sharing it with it at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra. Hope to see you again for our October Challenge.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS Christmas card!! Love all the dimension you added, and the gold embossing is fabulous. :) Thank You for joining us over at CCAYR!! Come back soon! ~ Ali (CCAYR DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice project, I love the distressing and layering. Perfect gold embossing as well. Thank you for joining us at SSS Monday Challenge Powder Power! Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Thank you for playing along at CWS Challenge.
    Hugs, Mary (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the sentiment as the focal point and your use of nontraditional colors. Thanks fof joining us at Addicted to Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so sorry I’m late in leaving my comment. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.