25 June 2017

Chill


Summer vacation is the time to chill out and stay cool, like this penguin ready for the pool.

This shaker card features Your Next Stamp and the colours of their current blog challenge. Isn't he just so cool.



Supplies



Putting It Together

Summer! The time of vacations and pools and staying coool.


For inspiration, I used the Your Next Stamp challenge sketch and colours.


I stamped the penguin with slate grey and then used Finetec Deep Black to darken in the black areas.


Since I had the Finetec out, I painted the innertube a shiny Amethyst. Then I added Distress inks to finish.


I added a bit more purple to the inner tube and wrote up my notes on colours used. If you dry the Finetec with a heat tool, you can layer more over to make it thicker which works better on a light background.


I used a stencil and clarity brush to make the background. I used Shaded Lilac with the stencil one way..


...then flipped the stencil around to add Bundled Sage from the opposite direction.


The softness of the brush and the two light colours with the stencil makes a nice background. I later trimmed the panel and sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Grape Fiz mixed with water in a Mini Mister for a light sparkle.


I die cut a square frame for the shaker in green foiled cardstock and purple fun foam. I used recycled packaging for the clear window.


I dry fit the card adding a fishtail banner for the sentiment.


I used foam mounting tape under two sides of the penguin to bring the image panel close to the height of the shaker. I also used foam mounting tape on the fishtail.


Inside, I used a sun stencil with Clarity brush and Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink. Brushing the ink up from the sun sphere to the rays gives a very soft fade detail for a hint of sun.





Challenges

Your Next Stamp: Challenge 67
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge: Let's Take a Vacation
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday: Summer Icons
Crafty Cardmakers: Summer
Crazy 4 Challenges: Swim a Lap
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark
Creative Craft Cottage: No Patterned Paper
Penny's Paper-crafting: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute shaker card, love this sweet image and your wonderful colours and embellishments. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie PPCC~DT
    from
    Kathie'z Kardz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous shaker card and I love that cute little image, it's adorable! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card!
    Your made an awesome tutorial, thanks for sharing and playing fun with our sketch at YNS Challenge Blog.

    Hugs, Dian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Very cute card! Thank you for joining us at the ATSM challenges. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cute little penguin and how you stencilled inside! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card for our summer theme. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shaker card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.