05 October 2017

Devilish - Prismacolour single layer card


Halloween is my favourite time of year! It's such fun and even has its own cheerleaders!


This single layer card features Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and Prismacolour colouring. There are three stamp sets used, two of them in the new September release.


Putting It Together

Making a single layer card takes a bit of extra planning since you can't change the placement of anything during the creation. I cut a piece of Bristol 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored it at the half way point to make a card base for an A2 card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). I stamped the image with a light brown.


One of the current challenges I follow was for orange, so I decided to make her outfit orange and then.. I wasn't sure what colour to make her skin. I didn't want her to be.. well.. human. I don't have any greys in my older 72 pencil set, but I wanted something ebony-ish. I ended up going dark blue with black shading. I think it looks rather striking against the orange.


I finished up her boots and then it was just past 11pm so I decided I should go to bed....


... then I did her eyes and lined out her hair...


... and went on to finish the rest before going to bed. *laugh*





Supplies

Prismacolour pencils: Black PC935, Burnt Ochre PC943, Cream PC914, Crimson Red PC924, Goldenrod PC1034, Indigo Blue PC901, Orange PC918, Pale Vermillion PC921, Spanish Orange PC1003, True Blue PC903, Tuscan Red PC937, White PC938, Yellow Ochre PC942, Yellowed Orange PC1002

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday: Holiday (Halloweeeeeen)
Simon Says Stamp Monday: A Walk on the Dark Side
Sasayaki Glitter: Orange
Happy Little Stampers CAS: Single Layer
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Make It!: Sets from August/Sept 2017 releases
Ching-Chau Kuik: Halloween/Fright Night
Emerald Creek Dares: Freaky Fun
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes
Sketchy challenge: Anything Goes
Polkadoodle: Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. What a great card Thanks for joining us in our week 38 Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
    Michelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooky card!! Love it! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors turned out great. So fun!! Thanks bunches for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Sure hope you will remember us for our next challenge too! Xj.
    TTCRD DT: Joi@RR{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fangtastic. Thanks for joining us in our week 37/38 Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
    Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi what a fantastic image and sentiment love all the colours thank you for joining us in The Sketchy Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow she's spooktacular!! Love it. Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun and beautiful Halloween card! Your coloring is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW you have colored this so COOL! Very spooky and yet fun too! LOVE it! thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Freaky and Fun colouring! Thanks for joining in this month's Emerald Creek Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card you have created here... this is one crazy lady!
    Thanks so much for entering the CAS Challenge at Happy Little Stampers!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely detailed image and a great CAS card. Love the use of complementary colours here.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another stunning card you have made - I certainly wouldn't want to meet her in the dark at night!!! Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Design Team Leader).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.